Sunday, November 23, 2008

Day 4 (for me)

It's Sunday - it feels like, heck - I don't know what it feels like. I feel a bit tired - yet near-completely refreshed. Good I suppose looking at what I had hoped to get out of this weekend. I'm excited to return home and have several days to really begin to process some of what has been put in front of me.

Today's high point so far was Mike during Gen. Session - bringing greetings from the Queen he reminded us that sometimes youth might not be good at something the first time (or even the 15th) - but we must give it over to them to experience. We must do this "thing" with them - not "to" them. He spoke of the example of Jesus and His youth group - it took him 3 years with 12 "youth" and we all know how that played out - it wasn't always "good" - but the bottom line is that they learned.

His,
~C

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Chris, that Penn State Coach has been their head coach for 43 years! I read it right. Since I'm sitting here waiting again-in Detroit, I thought I'd share that fun fact.