Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Too Soon, Yet Timed Just Right...

At 6:06 am my phone rang - it woke me from a deep sleep. I rolled over, looked at the caller ID and said to myself "just a few more minutes of sleep, then I'll call him back." It's a phone call I wish I would have taken when it came. It was from someone in need - a fellow brother - I'm sorry buddy that it took me another 20 minutes to roll out of bed and call you back - I should have been there.

The phone call marked the end of a life - Zach Cech - in our eyes way too soon, but in God's I'm sure it was timed just right. It was Zach's time - and as much as it hurts and as much as his friends and family don't want to let go - it's a must - when God calls - one must listen.

I didn't know you that well - just from when you were a camper and as a design team member - but the times I knew you, the times spent with you - one learned quickly that you were full of joy and passion. You loved life! My prayer Zach is that through your Call to come home - many others will remember and relive that joy and passion that you carried with you. I know that is what you would want. I know you're up there watching down on your loved ones - they need you right now.

To the one who called - at 6:06 - know that you are loved and that He will guide you during this difficult time. Don't bottle it up - God is there for you and will see you through! I love you buddy!

In Time Zach, I'll see you again!
~C

No comments: