Wednesday, May 19, 2010

G90X

A fellow youth leader posted on his blog the other day a challenge of sorts to other youth leaders. He said he was starting what he called G90X (from the P90X extreme 90 day work out). He's changed the 'P' to a 'G' for God. He said he was going to start an extreme 90 day spiritual workout.

I'm hoping to stick to a few of his goals for his 90 days and set my own G90X workout for the next 3 months. Here is my plan:

  1. Go Through the Bible in 90 Days ~ I've printed out the Bible in 90 Days guide from this site (if you want to also print one and join in too!) I hope to journal/blog some thoughts as I go through the next 90 days - so feel free to stay tuned and add your thoughts or join me in the challenge.
  2. Spend 90 minutes of concentrated prayer per week ~ not your typical "Good morning Lord" or "thanks for the food" quickie prayers, but concentrated, passionate and intensive worship, supplication and intercession where I spend time in PRAYer (Praising Him, Requesting stuff, Admitting sins, and Yielding to His Spirit). *I totally ripped off #2 word-for-word from this youth leaders blog...bonus points to the one who can track down this other youth leaders blog post
  3. Memorize Verses ~ This other youth leader has decided to memorize 90 verses - he's challenged others to do 90, or 9 or whatever works for you personally - I haven't decided how many - but I'll start with the goal of just memorizing more verses...if I come to a # goal I'll post it in a later blog.
So, that's my plan for now - for my Spiritual goal(s) for the summer. Join me (us actually - since this was another leaders challenge to a much broader group) if you so desire - you can start today, tomorrow or in two weeks - just do something, set yourself a goal to grow stronger spiritually this summer - increase your understanding of God!

If you decide to participate in some fashion (note: you don't have to have the same goals) post a comment here, or shoot me a message and let me know - I'd love to pray for you during your G90X and hope that you would pray for me.

His,
~C

2 comments:

Max said...

http://www.gregstier.org/rants/p90x-meet-g90x/

what are my bonus points good for?

Chris said...

Max, you can cash them in at the prize booth at the end of the 90 days! :-)

~C