Wednesday, December 1, 2010

What Should I Give?

In following my last post - I thought I'd throw some suggestions out there of some organizations that you might prayerfully consider giving to this Christmas.

Remember what you give is between you & God - just ask Him what you should give and chances are He'll give you an amount that you're gonna think is too much...but if it's from God - trust Him, when has He ever let you down...Worship Fully!

Living Water International


People's City Mission
(Lincoln)

Heifer International
(give some animals)

Compassion (the gift that will keep on giving - Sponsor a child this Christmas)

Yellow Ribbon (yes, I have a bias here - but I know the support they receive will continue to save lives from suicide)

Or here are a few other random ideas: each time you pass a Red Kettle this month (Salvation Army) drop in all the change you have in your pocket/purse. Next time you pass a homeless person (you know, the one holding the sign, or walking through downtown) take 30 minutes and buy them a meal or cup of coffee...don't just buy and run, break bread with them - share Christ's Love by sharing with & getting to know them. Or, just ask God to move your heart and when you get out of bed each morning say "God I'm available today" - allow Him to show you how He wants you to give this season...trust me - you'll see opportunities cross your path!

Merry Christmas!
~C

No comments: