Thursday, August 1, 2013

Reflections of a Mystery Tour

Wow! That was truly an amazing experience. We set out for a five day trip "Magical Mystery Tour" with no plans (other than our departure & return date). The trip was 100% perfect. It's amazing what happens when we humans get out of the way and let The God of the Universe show us The Plan.

Could we have done more work had we called ahead? Sure
Could we have come in on a better budget had we planned a bit more? Sure
Could we have had a more structured time of group study? Yup?
Does any of that matter to this Young Adults Pastor - No A Bit!

Every minute spent was spent how God planned!
Every dollar spent is an investment in The Kingdom!
Every discussion the team had was held in the Hand of God!

As I said, it was 100% perfect.

I spent a week with 7 young adults and my co-leader Kelly and the things we experienced I believe forever changed this group and the ministry we're apart of. I'm so impressed by the things these YA's discussed, the love they shared, and their willingness to let me (& Kelly) be their leaders, and call them out and challenge them to grow as the men God is calling them to be.

For a guy who is used to planning as much as possible on trips this was truly and eye-opener for me. Contrary to what many thought I didn't lose any sleep before the trip or stress out. There was really only one or two moments during the early stages of the trip where I was thinking to myself - 'what are we going to do now?' Thankfully God worked through various members of our team at just the right moment to refocus our group on what was important in that moment.

So, I look forward to the next Magical Mystery Tour, but in the mean time as one of our guys said "This is pre-game" we (the team, Christians, all of us) need to be on the look out every day for ways we can be the hands and feet of Jesus - feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, caring for the widow, and just finding a way to make someones day a bit brighter in the name of our Creator.

Go Be Awesome...but do it secretly,
~C

No comments: