Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tuesday's Two-Cents

thoughts about the past week(end) ~ I was slightly disappointed in the weather - its supposed to be spring - but I suppose now all that bad winter weather is behind us for the year! Went to lunch Sat with my mother-in-law and Steph - did some shopping and then we returned to the apartment to get some packing done. The place continues to fill with boxes. Sunday I spent most of my day at the church - Palm Sun is always a favorite in my book - Pastor Jeff had a great sermon. Got some work done in the office and then got to attend Kylie's Senior Recital - wow talk about some talent! Throw in a leaders meeting and a fun night of WAVE and we can call the weekend a wrap!

this weeks to dos ~ lets see I have a meeting this morning (on my day off - shh it doesn't happen often), a full day in the office tomorrow a couple meetings (staff and mission trip planning) on Thursday and 30-Hour Famine prep to be done by Friday night. We're doing the Famine this year on Good Friday - I'm excited about some of the cool things we're putting together for the Famine and also in keeping the happenings of Holy week in mind. Should be a great week...we're getting closer to the move too - so that's a big 'to-do.'

book im reading ~ "Getting Fired" and some other book - the title has left me momentarily.

think about a thought ~ take some time this week to really think about what The cross means to and for YOU!

Scripture to skim ~ pick a Gospel this week and reflect on the story of Holy week - from Jesus' Triumphal entry to the Last Supper, Jesus praying in the garden, to all that surrounded His crucifixion and of course don't miss what happened on Easter morning - it's the best part of the story.

Have a blessed week and remember He did what He did just for You
~C

No comments: