Tuesday, June 29, 2010

'Seriously..." behind the scene part 1

I'm not sure why, but I love behind the scenes types of things. How big productions work, what goes into making something happen, become a success etc.

So, I thought a few 'behind the scenes' points on this mission trip might be of interest to a few. (Feel free to comment on the post with any questions you might have on how a trip like this comes together.)

THEME: Our theme this year is 'Seriously...' and was taken from Micah 6:8 (The Message translation). The theme was actually selected even before the 2009 trip departed - I think it was close to 2 months before the trip. Jeff and I had been in a planning session for last years trip when God just handed us the theme - the fun part is we had scheduled a meeting to work on planning the theme for 2010 about 3 weeks later. God definitely works in amazing ways.

...stay tuned for Part 2 - with more behind the scenes of our trip!

~C

No comments: