Saturday, August 23, 2008

Ice Cream, Boxers & Fire trucks...

In a nut shell that has been my day. Sadly I didn't get to eat any ice cream - but I did have the chance to make some "Ice cream cone cupcakes" for our Sunday School kick-off tomorrow. Kind of reminds me of the laid-back days of childhood summers. don't know why - just what it makes me think of.

The boxers, well - that's a better story for tomorrow - but trust me you'll want to check back for this story. It'll really be a good one. Fire trucks - well, they're kind of self explanatory - big, red, flashy lights and fun. I'm not sure why but I have this buried passion for fire trucks. But only when they're lights and sirens are on. I think this also goes back to my childhood - my next door neighbor and good friend growing up was obsessed (in a good way) with these elaborate emergency vehicles.

So, today my thoughts were riddled with weird ice cream cones, boxers (stay tuned) and the fire trucks paying a visit to our apartment complex. it really was a fun-filled day. all reminding me of my childhood and the reason I'm so happy to be called to work in a field where I can live many days in the likeliness of a child-like-faith.

Until later,
~C