Friday, August 22, 2008

It's ruining the world

Okay, maybe that's not entirely true....

Well, first you probably need to know what "it" is - well you know, it's that one thing we can't talk about - if we do, we must whisper the word - or blush at the mere thought of it. So, there "it" is - and it's ruining the world.

back to my original response - maybe it's not entirely true - but I believe that somehow, somewhere along the line something went terribly wrong. Where in the world did we get the idea (and I mean world, cuz it's sure not God's thinking) that it is okay to just throw it around like it doesn't even matter - I mean, where's the respect?

Respect for yourself, each other, what it stands for - and bottom line respect for God! Where did it go?

I'm not sure - why, but God has blessed me with several conversations with those around me (several of which have been uncomfortable - oh, not for me, for the other party) as we talk about "it" this week. I've come out of these conversations with mixed emotions - some of them "ended well," others "I think they're on the right track" and yet others "I'm not sure what they're thinking."

So, I guess I just hope that we can all open our eyes, and start listening to God - after all God made the rules - not to keep us from having fun - but to keep us safe and closer to Him - and isn't that what we all want? To be closer to God? And to enjoy "it"

His,
~C

No comments: