Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday's Two-Cents

thoughts about the past week(end) ~ last week was a busy week - getting ready for Fall kick-off stuff and to be out for the weekend on a MT. Friday morning 16 of us from GS headed down to K.C. for an Inter-gen Mission Trip. The youngest was 15 and the oldest 80. Wow, what a trip. The group was great and the work was too. We spent our working time with the K.C. Rescue Mission. What a great ministry to the homeless of KC. I can't wait to go back again and help some more. Sounds like we might be making this a regular trip for our congregation. Also worshiped with our host church in KC (Gashland Pres) - heard a great sermon on Hell - still wondering what others thought about the message.

this weeks to dos ~ meetings, work and more work....and then vacation. This week and next are packed with Fall prep stuff for work - leader recruitment (still), prep for the leaders retreat, wrapping things up with my summer intern, and so much more. a handful of meetings as well. The blessing is Friday I'm out for vacation - Steph and I are headed to Kansas City for a 4-day weekend - time to relax and get a way before the Fall sneaks up on me. Can't wait!

book I'm reading ~ Purpose Driven Life; R. Warren, and Messy Spirituality; M. Yaconelli

tunes that triggered ~ a small handful of songs - each week LifeChurch puts their worship set up in a podcast and the last two have really spoken to me. great stuff - check them out on iTunes in the podcast section. sometimes I wish we could have worship sets like this as GS!

thoughts on the coming week ~ at camp we used to sing a song every Friday night about 7:30pm it went something like this "it's Friday, the campers are gone hooray for us (clap clap clap clap) - that's kind of my thoughts for the week - looking forward to Friday.

Scripture to skim ~ I'm really sticking on Phil 2:14-15 right now - I think it's what I need to focus on.

2 comments:

pitcher12k said...

haha i must comment on the sermon about Hell. sounds interesting :P
perhaps you could give an overview/summary of it?

hehe Joey. cool kid :)
oh have fun in KC with Steph!

Ive heard that book is a good un, the Warren one. both sound interesting!

MMM!! me gusta este verse! and now that song that has Isaiah 53:5 IS PLAYING. oops, caps lock. but that is pretty neato! good verses :)
interesting how by not 'complaining or arguing', we would shine like stars in this 'perverse' generation. and this was written how many years ago??? another mystery to me, how people don't believe the Bible, or more so, why we dont tell them why we believe in it... *discontented sigh*

Chris said...

yes...