Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday's Two-Cents

thoughts about the past week(end) ~ well to sum it up it kinda sucked! I was looking forward to one of my first weekends with nothing really scheduled for the past two months. Then the phone rang. Sadly, I was called to join some students at the loss of their friend, classmate and loved one - Emily Johnson. Although the loss and death of a youth is horrible, it was a privilege to come along side so many of those grieving and be a listening ear, a presences in the crowd or a word or prayer of encouragement.

on a lighter note, I spent Sunday with my wife - we're working on getting ready to replace a retaining wall at our home - so we picked up some of the stone and still have to go back for more. Sunday evening was spent on the UNL campus for Big Red Welcome. We had a booth set up for FUEL a new young adult ministry that is just getting off the ground. It was fun to meet so many people and hand out so many air fresheners. If nothing else the college dorm rooms and cars will smell a bit fresher this semester!

this weeks to dos ~ funeral, Back-2-School BASH, class, meetings, Thirsty, FUEL, and more...

book I'm reading ~ just finishing up Strengths Based Leadership. Then I'm gonna glance back at PDYM.

tunes that triggered ~ Amazing Grace

thoughts about the coming week ~ its going to be interesting...I started back to school yesterday to work towards finishing my degree (Sociology) at NWU. I'm excited about the class I'm in this semester. I'm looking forward to some of our projects, papers, readings etc. I'm also looking forward to our first FUEL meeting on Friday and of course the Back-2-School BASH tomorrow.

Scripture to skim ~ Ecc 4:1-4

No comments: