Friday, April 16, 2010

God has given!

I read the story of the Prodigal Son today in my devo. The devotion said maybe it's more the story of the Compassionate Father. I wonder how many of us have ever looked at it from this perspective?

Sometimes we (I know I've been there) think that getting gifts from God is like pulling teeth. Face it, we pray and plead and beg God for a specific blessing or gift, or whatever it is we think we need in that moment.

What happens if we stop trying to pull teeth and look around our lives - God has already given to each of us abundantly! Sure it might not be the best day of our lives, but God's given us another day. My prayer is that I (and I hope you too) can pause today and stop asking God for 'the next thing on my list' and I can just be thankful for what He has already given me.

It's The Father's nature to give - He always has and always will give us what we really need. Thank God!

~C

1 comment:

pitcher12k said...

Thank God indeed! For He is good and His love endures forever :) Oh how easy it is to say that while my heart is full of joy and my face is sore from laughing! But I sincerely hope I could still say the same thing with the same conviction while in the pits feeling alone and lost. Where we are, what we do, doesn't change who Jesus is. Praise God for that!