Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's Early

I'm sitting on the floor of my room - stalling to go shower and get ready for the day - as if sitting here will give me more sleep or something. It's inevitable - breakfast is at 7 regardless of how long one stalls or tries to sleep just 5 more minutes.

Today, is our last day of work (or service as we like to call it). We will be heading up to our service site one last time. On today's list (as far as we know) fire mitigation. We've already helped "mitigate" 5-6 (or maybe more) loads of firewood that will be distributed to low-income families in the area to help heat their homes this winter. I think the kids are proud of this project they've been working on.

After 3 today we'll be done - and ready to rest and have a little fun to celebrate. Pray for the team today - as even with tired muscles and minds we will stay focused - in order to get the project completed but also that we will be mindful of safety as well.

Okay, I've stalled long enough - plus my little container of Apple Jacks is almost gone - time to face another beautiful day in the mountians.

~C

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Ask if alicia misses me!
Tell her I miss her!