Friday, October 17, 2008

Mission

Today I've got three missions on my mind, well maybe four! This seems to be a running theme for the month of October.

This Sunday at WAVE we're going to talk about "being made for a mission" and unpacking what that really means for each of us. So, in putting my finishing touches on my talk for WAVE I'm also thinking about my own individual mission - what is mine?

Then the other two come down to actual mission trips. One leaving tomorrow for Calvin Crest. Our Young Adults will spend their Fall break giving back to the camp that many of them grew up at. Then in about a week our Jr & Sr High youth will board a bus bound for Estes Park - where they will spend their fall break (a full week) serving in the community of Estes.

I would ask for your help with this - simply PRAY! Pray for those trying to find their "mission." Knowing all of us have the same overall mission - but for finding their specific piece of that puzzle. Then, pray for those going to serve on these two trips. Lastly, I'd ask that you pray for the three young people I've encountered in the last week or so that are discerning a call to Full Time ministry - wow what a mission!

Striving To Serve,
~C

No comments: