Thursday, September 13, 2012

Heaven, for real?

"Heaven is for Real"

To be honest, I'd seen this book on the shelf at the store several times and never picked it up. One might think the title alone would entice most Christian's to pick it up, let alone a youth worker. A few weeks ago a young man I was having lunch with asked if I'd read it. From his short review of the book I decided I should get a copy.

I read the book in the span of about two days. As I first got into it I thought it was a good read. I even texted this guy and thanked him for the recommendation. Then I read some more, Colton was the boy this story is about. As I learned more about the tragedy this little boy had been through I had many doubts running through my head. I had on my 'father hat' and kept thinking about my son, I didn't like the book anymore.

The next day I was determined to finish despite the roller coaster these parents were on and the one going on in my head. I'm happy to say as I finished the book I again loved it - truly an amazing story. "Heaven is for Real" is Colton's story, and it reminds us of a child like faith. It moves us to consider the reality of Heaven, no longer just the faith of "yeah, I believe in heaven".

So, if you haven't read this book I'd encourage you check it out. Then I ask, what do you think, is Heaven for Real?

His,
~C

No comments: