Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remembering 9/11

Eleven years ago I was 19, sitting at home on the couch watching what would become known as the worst terrorist attacks on this Nation. I remember it vividly. I remember wanting to go, to do, something - help however I could help...I felt called to action, as I know so many others did too...many were first responders, many enlisted to fight for their nation, many sat - not knowing exactly what to do...and today, many are still answering that call.

I wonder what it looks like for Christian's to feel the same urgency and call to action in our Call as Christians as we American's did 11 years ago today. What would the world look like if as Christian's we were obedient to The Call God has placed in each of us?

I sit here now, 11 years later and now a father...I look at my son and wonder how this world has changed since the attacks. I wonder has the world become a better, a safer, a more loving place to live? What have we as Christian's done to share the Love of Christ with our neighbor? My prayer for my son, and his generation is that we have and will continue to do our part to leave this place in a "better than we found it" condition for them.

I pray for my son to be a leader in his generation, used by God for what He has planned for this child placed in my care. I know there are great things for him and his peers - but I wonder if we're really doing all we can...to answer that call to action we all feel deep inside?

I hope so!

I pray so!

Remembering all of those who on that day answered the call!

God Has Blessed The US,
~C

No comments: