Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ready to Move

Change is Hard....

Okay now that we have that out of the way...here is a look at my observations and experiences on this BIG change in my life over the last several months.
It's been about six months since this journey, this change, really began...it got underway when we talked with our Realtor (Mary) and said we wanted to buy a house!

For several months we spent many evenings and weekends with Mary looking at houses. Some of our options were, well they were pretty sad. Eventually we found ourselves having gone back to one house to walk through 3 times. This seemed to be the one - if only the seller would come down a bit in price.

Long story short the offers were exchanged and eventually we agreed on a sale price. This seemed to be the beginning of the end of this long journey and a BIG change in our lives. We were going from almost 3 years of apartment living to actually owning our own house. Wow, a BIG change for us.

So, closing and moving day comes and goes like any other day - except that this one is filled with lots of boxes and a lot of change! The point I want to drive home here is that change can be big, it can be tough to adjust to and it can be uncomfortable at times. Especially when we're used to "always doing it the old way."

As Stephanie and I continue to adjust to the changes in renting verse owning (and trust me overall I'll take the owning a house over renting an apartment any day) I hope you'll join me as we at Good Shepherd prepare to make some changes. I'm specifically talking in relation to our Student Ministries. This fall we'll see some pretty BIG changes around our church home:

  • WAVE is moving....only 71.5 hours later...our main youth group will begin meeting at 5:30 on Wednesday's on August 26th
  • With WAVE making a move we're also going to see DIVE moving...beginning this fall we'll see DIVE (both Jr. & Sr.) making a new home on Sunday evenings.
  • RIPPLE will keep the same night (Wed) but times will be adjusted to fit with other all church programming.
  • Over the past years we've seen several changes in our Young Adults (18-23) programming and we're hoping our move this Fall will be a more permanent move as we strive to figure out how to best reach and minister to this important group. Watch for details on FUEL and other young adult options coming soon.
Okay, so that's a lot of change - and sometimes change is hard. In the long run I feel it will be a great and beneficial move for our Student Ministries and for Good Shepherd as a whole. So, hang on tight cuz we're packing and getting ready to move. I hope you'll join the Christian Ed Committee, our Student Leadership teams and myself as we prepare for this exciting time in the life of our congregation.

Trusting Him,
~C

1 comment:

Jeff said...

By chance did you take a peak at one of my blog posts? Just curious because I talked about change too! Interesting, same subject, but I think in a different light...