Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tuesday's Two-Cents

thoughts about the past week(end) ~ we had our End of Year Camping Trip with the senior high youth - it was a great change to get away for a night with a great group of youth. lots of laughs! Sunday was spent taking a bit of a nap and some shopping to restock our kitchen cupboards - then we had some friends over for dinner on the grill!

this weeks to dos ~ well I have a lot to do around the house - still getting things settled - need to spend some time getting the check book caught up. A few meetings (mission trip prep, TEC, etc...), our final RIPPLE for the year on Wed and a baseball game Saturday night.

tunes that triggered ~ got the latest YLO box this week and I have to say the latest from Newsboys caught my attention - check it out.

thoughts on the coming week ~ I'd really like to break in our fire pit sometime this week - just don't know when that will fit in - plus I've gotta find some firewood. I'm looking forward to it though it's gonna go quick lots to do in a short amount of time.

Scripture to skim ~ lets try something different this week - you tell me what you're reading...

1 comment:

pitcher12k said...

Grill! woo!!

TEC! woo!

Newsboys! woo!!!

Fire pit!! woo!

Matthew! wooo!!

yes. good to hear you got the grill in, grilling food is yummy :P ahh, the check book...I did that somewhat recently.. Also, Ripples makes me think of Splash... or possibly just Dihydrogen Monoxide. maybe thats what you should call the Bible study at your house...? and maybe you should have a big party the night before the mission trip and bust out the fire pit and we can burn stuff. that would be cool. actually hot, but you know what i mean.
Matthew. I just got done reading chapter 7, I am pretty sure. I like Matthew 5 though. Those Beatitudes are pretty interesting, because at first glance they seem a little contradictory to me, but after thinking a bit they start to make more sense.

Matthew 5:4-Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
This reminds me of something I read in the graduation booklet thingy the seniors received for this year. There is something about us that doesn't fully appreciate something until we experience the opposite. We, who live in mostly flat/hilly areas, like being in Colorado with lots of mountains. People who live in Mexico, where it is rather hot, may enjoy cooler temperatures more. So it makes sense that those who mourn will be comforted, because when they experience the opposite, it will be just that much better :D

and i guess lunch is over, so ttyl!