Thursday, December 11, 2008

Know the Fish, Not the Boat

The catch phrase for our Student Ministry is "Out of the Boat Into His WATER." Catchy I think (no pun intended), but what does it really mean? How is it that one takes a step or leap outside of the boat anyway? And what happenes when you're out of the boat and in the water? How do you get to know the Fish?

I'm curious what some of your thoughts are to these questions....how do you (or have you) get to know the fish?

Share your comments ~

His,
~C

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Well, in my job I get to know God's 'fish' by hanging out with them in their element-whether it be at school during lunch, at a game, or play.
I think it means getting wet or in some cases dirty and tired for God's Kingdom. Investing in the lives of God's children is what it's about really. We are one body with many parts and I think we should all do our part to invest in God's future-our future.
Jesus said it best when he said he would make us fishers of men. We are here to make a difference in the lives of young people.