Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tuesday's Two-Cents

So, here's is going to be my attempt at a "weekly-update post." Sure, there will be other posts throughout the week - but like other bloggers, this will be a regular format. I may toy with it in the first few weeks (I'm open to suggestions on what you'd like to see here) but it will be "regular" at some point....

Thoughts from the past week(end) ~
Obviously this past week(end) included Thanksgiving - for me we had two thanksgivings and one birthday. Thursday & Saturday saw us with family, and Friday Steph & I had dinner with my family for Grandma's 78th birthday. It was a fun, yet busy weekend. Sunday night we were out for our Leaders Christmas party and ended up at a friends house following for some card playing. I loved the end to my "time out of the office." This year's National Youth Workers Convention landed at the perfect time, I was able to attend NYWC and return home for a day off and then ran straight into the weekend.

This Weeks To-Dos ~
Personally I'm hoping to clean up our apartment and get some Christmas decorations out. Usually we move our kitchen table into our bedroom to make room for our tree. However since last Christmas we have rearranged our room with our new King bed. So, we're thinking no tree this year. Other than that I hope to get some work done on my sermon for next month.

Book I'm Reading ~
I just finished Youth Ministry 3.0, by MarkO. I'm taking a break for a few days from reading to review some of what I heard at the Convention.

Tunes that Triggered ~
In the last four days it's been Lost & Founds Christmas album....if that doesn't put you in the mood...

Thoughts on the coming week ~
This next week should be interesting. I've had a few weeks "off" as far as lesson planning for WAVE and this week I'm back "on." I'm excited about the 2-part series we're doing this month, as well as the annual Christmas party in a few weeks. I've also got a few meetings I'm looking forward to this week.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Out of curiosity, which Sunday are you preaching?

As for what I think of your new format...

I like the looking back on the previous week, looking ahead to the next week, and the book that you're reading. The to do list is nice, but it'll just be depressing for you if you don't get the stuff done and it seems to be the same as looking forward to the next week

As for suggestions, I think a question for the week might be fun. It could either be something for people to ponder, or something that you want people to actually answer like asking for suggestions on what to put here.

pitcher12k said...

haha suggestions... i bet you could probably guess mine. ill give you a hint: bible verses :P
i just found a good one, John 15:18