Monday, December 1, 2008

Will You Go With Me?

Okay, I'm on a journey - we're all on a journey....but I'm asking "will you go with me?"

What I mean is, will you go with me into the life that God has called us? Will you follow me even if I open up a topic that is hard to swallow? Will you stick with it?

You know a lot of people have this idea that having Jesus in your life makes everything all nice and organized. The real fact is that having Jesus in your life can ruin it! Take a look at Luke 9:57-62. Really, please go take a look. How is any of what Jesus is saying there "nice and organized?"

What about later on in Luke 14:25-27 - how do we respond to that? Are we taking up our crosses, daily? Would you be willing to never see your family again if that's what it cost to go after Jesus? Are you willing to ruin your life for your Savior, your Creator, for God?

Ask yourself - what you're willing to do...I'm taking a path where I think I'm uncovering some truths - but truths that might be hard for some of us to swallow. I'm going this way because I feel the American Church needs a change...wiling to go with me? Keep checking back here - post your comments, let's open a discussion on where we feel the Holy Spirit is leading us.

See you in a few days,
His,
~C

3 comments:

Jeff said...

I agree that the Body of Christ needs a gut check! I'm with you on this one.

Matt said...

I think I've been getting bored with my nice comfortable life, and this is just the 'gut check' that I needed. Thanks! And yes, I'm with you too.

pitcher12k said...

oh! the last verse, about looking back to the plow, reminds me of something Scott(i think) said at TEC. he told us a story of how he was on a farm once and used some farm machine to plow a field. and the owner of the farm told him not to look behind him, but just keep looking ahead at the fence(post) he was aiming for. but he looked back every now and then, and it showed. once he had gone down the field once, the farm owner came out and asked him if he had looked backward. Scott wondered how he knew this, and looked back at the field, and so how crooked the rows were. and that is why we keep looking ahead, we cant change the past, but we dont know what will happen in the future...
haha i kinda stumbled through that but ya. (i also made the end/moral up, you can probably tell)
(i am guessing that is a rhetorical question?)

i have heard those verses before (14:25-27) and that is an excellent point. and i dont know if i could... i would definitely invite them to come with me.. but idk.

indeed, like a fox.(you cant swallow a fox whole) what kind of change is that? a life ruining one?