Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Tuesday's Two-Cents

Tue's 2-Cents on Wed...sorry, the last several days have been a bit 'off' so I'm catchin up today!

THOUGHTS ABOUT THE PAST WEEK(END) ~
The weekend was great I had a chance to get away for a bit of a mini-vacation to Kansas City. Steph and I drove down Friday and enjoyed the time to just relax, do some shopping (window that is) and enjoy a few meals. I really enjoyed the mini-break.

THIS WEEK'S TO-DO'S ~
Well, seeing as how it's already Wednesday - my biggest things to get accomplished are work related - I've been out of my office for about a week, so I need to get a few things caught up and finally I will need to be ready for three Student Ministry Christmas parties (one tonight, one Friday and one on Sunday.) Once that is planned it will be on to making sure WAVE for Jan 4th is ready to go.

BOOK I'M READING ~
Going through "The Air I Breath" again (still) and currently in the home stretch of Proverbs.

THOUGHTS ON THE COMING WEEK ~
BUSY, but good - I'm looking forward to finishing things up this week and essentially having the rest of December off - it will be good to have time for family and friends over Christmas. I'm also looking for time to get my sermon written for January.

THINK ABOUT A THOUGHT ~
What is one thing you want for Christmas? & What is one thing you want to do for someone else this Christmas?

SCRIPTURE TO SKIM ~
Romans 5:1-11, let me know your thoughts!

2 comments:

Jeff said...

You know, I've always loved that passage? I've also always struggled with it-the whole part about rejoicing in our sufferings. I guess when I look back, I know that God carried me through those tough time-much like the 'Footprints in the Sand' story, and I know I've been refined through those fires, but I know I wasn't rejoicing during those times. I know I wasn't cursing God, I was praying to God.
Perhaps that's what God really wants in those times...us to refocus or recommit to Him and His ways instead of our own.
A lot like the passage about how we are not supposed to 'lean' on our 'own understanding'.
It's a struggle no doubt. As always, thanks for the scripture lesson.

pitcher12k said...

its ok! we forgive you :)

did you buy any?(windows HAH!)
im glad you enjoyed your meals, that is always a good thing :P

(not much to say about the to-do's...idk how i could help)

Proverbs is a good one. i might try the 'one chapter a day' thing over january. that would be neat.

ya! Christmas woo!

something i want... i have kind of thought about that.. and i have tried to come up with something worthwhile... so far 2 dollar bills is about it.. hahaha. (but those too shall burn) but the memories and lessons from the (next) mission trip will not! i want to give someone a hug. ya.

hm. that is quite thought provoking.(and ya, i like this, i think you wanted my opinion for some reason?)
anywho, good stuff. rejoicing in suffering is tough, but i find that it is nice in the way that (as the verse says, produces perseverance, but also) it 'makes' us seek God more earnestly.. i think i talked about this at Dive once, but i like that. getting closer to Him is always nice, and praying a lot is definitely helpful also. character. i am not sure what that means, or how it relates to perseverance and hope. i also like how Paul says that Jesus died for us 'while we were still sinners.' its so true.. and it really makes one think, about who we would die for, and whether or not they are good, righteous, or a sinner. its interesting.