Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful for...

Thought I'd throw together a short list of what I'm thankful for this year....
  • my wife, who loves me and supports me everyday - even when I probably don't deserve it
  • my family, who supports me through everything
  • God - for grace, mercy, forgiveness, waiting for me, and everything else...
  • Walter, my dog - who greets me at the door every time I come home
  • my friends, who put up with me and still call me friend
  • a calling to serve in Youth Ministry
  • a boss who supports me in this calling
  • the youth who challenge me on a regular basis and allow me to have some part in their lives
  • good food - to eat it and to cook/bake it
  • Oscar & Kennedy - my two 'kids' in Columbia & Kenya
  • great music
  • a roof over my head (even if it isn't quite a house)
  • the experiences (some bad, mostly good) over the past year....
  • OCM's
  • a good book
  • a good book read with someone and then discussed...
  • green tea
  • coffee (by coffee I mean mocha, right now a Seattle Mocha)
  • laughter
  • and so much more....
Take some time to list what you are thankful for (leave them in the comments if you'd like) and remember what this time of year should really be about. Have a Happy Thanksgiving - and for you "slow" folks get that Christmas music out now!

His,
~C

2 comments:

pitcher12k said...

i like how you said short list.

and i think it is.. well pretty staggering how much we (or at least i) can take for granted...
rawr. oh and i found some more good bible verses. 1 Chronicles 17:16-25. it is a prayer by David. i think it applies well to Thanksgiving/the idea of it.

Matt said...

You're right, we do have a lot to be thankful for, but instead of listing mine here, you can just look at my blog