Tuesday, November 4, 2008

How is your breathing?

Howdy Mission Team....

It's coming upon 72 hours since we returned to Lincoln from the Mission Trip...I just wanted to remind you to pause and check your breathing - not literally, as I'm sure you've all adjusted to the lower altitude again and are physically breathing fine. Rather, how are you doing on return to "life?" How has the first two days back to classes been? Are you following through on whatever you felt Called TO or FROM?

Take some time today and tomorrow to check in with each other and maybe even your leaders to see how things are going and to share where you're at. Every time you experience a "mountain-top" trip/retreat you've got to come down sooner or later - that however doesn't mean you have to come crashing down - take it one step at a time and make the changes necessary to improve your walk with Him.

I'm praying for you and hope you'll continue to be open and excited for the One who has Called you.

His,
~C

3 comments:

Kylie said...

I've noticed a change in me already. I was going to show choir practice and this guy honked at me for not turning the corner soon enough for him and I ended up bursting into tears a little ways down the road, so I thought that I wasn't going to be able to handle show choir very well (what with all the talking and shouting and not getting anything done...) but I was actually really at peace and didn't feel like I had to do something. And I've memorized my Bible verse- Ephesians 4:2-3. Now I just need to find something constructive to do with my time-- I can easily forsee myself becoming very lazy or a workaholic-- both with a job or literally working out. Please pray for me that I don't become dependent on anything except Him.
Kylie <><

Jason said...

Kylie, you WOULD be first! So close, oh well. i've been fine. hope everyones still on fire for God! I am!
Jason

pitcher12k said...

I have been trying to pray before my meals, I think I was 2 out of 4 today(I kind of had two dinners lqtm) so there is room for improvement for sure.

Im sorry that guy honked at you.. hope your day got better from there!!

hey, you should checkthis out!
I also suggestthis one

I agree with Jason, I hope everyone is still on fire, I have noticed myself 'cooling off' already... das ist nich gut!(that is not good)