Saturday, November 22, 2008

Jesus & Red Hats

It's day 2 (full, 3 if you came in on Th) here in Nashville!

Yesterday was AMAZING - two general sessions with 4 outstanding speakers. Francis Chan really gets you thinking when he takes the stage. I think I'll join him in "loving the church too much to leave it that way." Okay, well I paraphrased what he said - but that was the essence of his message. Start by taking a look at the book of Acts - we need to start modeling what we "the church" are doing by this.

Last night at session 2 we heard from three speakers - speakers who are well known for what they talked on....the bottom line (idea) I took from this was becoming a RED LETTER CHRISTIAN! What does that mean you might ask? Well, open up your Bible to the New Testament - you see all those RED letters? Well, a Red Letter Christian is essentially someone who follows what Christ said. Sounds simple enough, right? Well, I say we give it a shot.

Now, keeping with the RED theme - I came down to the hotel lobby this morning to check some email and post this blog - and to my surprise was a lobby full of two colors - PURPLE & RED - all worn by women - you guessed it - there is some Red Hat Society gathering going on - they seem to be out-numbering the youth workers staying at our hotel.....I'm not sure of the connection here - but couldn't pass up mentioning the RED SEA in our lobby.

Well, time to go see if my roommates are out of bed yet - lazy I tell ya!

His,
~C

No comments: