Thursday, November 6, 2008

Are YOU Serious?

As we get ready for a new series at WAVE - "He Did What?" I can't help but think back on a song I've heard (a lot) recently....

"Salt and Light" - many of you have sung it, several in the last week on the Mission Trip...so I wondered...do you really mean what you're singing?

You make me want to be like You
Your holiness I will pursue
I want the heart of Jesus
Show me the meaning of Your grace
I want to give the world a taste
Of the love of Jesus


So, are you serious? do you really want God to make you like Him? Are you pursuing Holiness? Do you really, I mean REALLY want The Heart of Jesus? Are you really looking for the meaning of His Grace? And lastly, do you want to give the world a taste of the love of Jesus?

If so, what are you really doing about it? Are you sharing your faith? Does that seem too much or too hard for you? Here's an idea - bring a friend, just one friend to WAVE for the next 3 weeks - let the leaders do the hard work of sharing the GOSPEL....remember I challenged you to do that and then just follow up with them after WAVE - head over to Scooters and chat with them.

If you were at WAVE last time (3 Sunday's ago) you wrote down 5 names of friends - pull that out - keep praying for them and then call one up and invite them to WAVE Sunday night - after all if you sing the song you should mean what you're singing...praying for each of you.

Your Bro In HIM,
~C

2 comments:

pitcher12k said...

well it would be really neat to be like Jesus, but i think it would also be waaaaay easy to become proud and conceited, thinking that you are better than everyone else. IF you were EXACTLY like Him, just not.. well God. hah..

and yes. i would LOVE to give the world a taste of Jesus. this world doesnt have enough hugs(in my opinion) and hugs are a good way to show love.

ill do the friend thing. or try at least. and praying helps, for sure.




ps - how is the mission trip stuff going? i am interested in finding out info(dates mostly) so that i can talk to others about its.

Jeff said...

I would be lying if I didn't say I was disappointed. I've been waiting for another blog/message from you Chris and I'm still waiting.
I pray for you every night and hope that the next day I'm able to find something new on your blog.