Saturday, November 22, 2008

your cross

So, if Jesus walked into "this room" (insert wherever you are right now) and said - 'come on, all who want to follow me we're going out that door over there...and we'll see what happens. Some of you may never see your family (spouse, child, parents) again' - are you really okay with that?

Sure, we'd all love to say - 'yea, no problem, for Jesus I'll do anything.' Really? What if in asking you to go out that door, there were some crosses and He said - "Pick one up, we're going to walk up that hill over there, and we're going to be crucified." Would you really go? It's a tough one - give up everything - He says everything - to follow Him.

Take a look at the books of Acts - is our church today like that of Acts? That church was unstoppable - the gates of Hell couldn't touch it - what about today?

I don't think the gates of hell are even a concern - here's why:
  • We get upset with someone (maybe the pastor) and we leave
  • The worship band sucks - so we leave
  • Someone challenges us - so we leave
  • YOU don't get your way and you get mad - so you leave
The gates of Hell have nothing to worry about - we're stopping the church ourselves.

I think it's time we take a real hard look at what we're doing. I'm not trying to sound all 'high and mighty' as if I have it all together - cuz I know I don't - I know there are changes I need to make, that my wife and I need to make - in order to run after our Savior - what about you? Are you willing to make some hard change in your life? I hope so - cuz Jesus doesn't like crowds - He says his two cents and that's it - we must RUN after Him, with a desire to live more, lose it all and understand just a bit of what He has to offer.

Change is coming - are you going to be the fertile soil, the rocky soil or what?

Running to the RED Letters,
~C

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Chris, your insight is humbling. I have just begun to read ACTS. I hope many will catch on fire for our Lord.
By the way...how do you get 'bullet points' on your blog. I don't know how to do that.