Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bdays Begin

Today begins "Birthday Week" for my family. In the next 9 days we have 4 birthdays (my brothers, my dads, my uncles and my own) to celebrate. Sounds fun right? Ha!

Normally we will either get together for dinner at my parents or go out to eat (location is up to the bday boy). So, you might think - 'oh cool, 3 bday celebrations in about a weeks time.' Sounds fun right? Well, this year in order to 'simplify' things and work better with schedules my brother, Tim and I decided we would combine our dinners into one and hit up a 'nicer' restaurant. Now, if you're following that would really be two dinners (as we don't get together, at least with my immediate family for my uncles bday) one for Tim and I and the other for my dad.

Here is how this next week or so is shaping out:
  • Last night we went over to my parents house for what was originally supposed to be cake and gifts for Tim. We ended up having dinner, cake and gifts!
  • Tuesday we will go to Omaha (Melting Pot) for dinner where Tim and I decided to go and "combine to make things easier."
  • Friday we will do something for my dads bday - dinner and then cake gifts etc...
  • Tuesday (2/3) we will go over to my folks for cake or something and gifts for my bday. And who knows dinner might get thrown in there too!
So if you're following we should have 3 nights/meals out to celebrate in a 9 day period....in order to simplify this year we should have 2 - now go back and read the list again and let me know how many you count. :-)

The moral of the story is: trying to simplify things doesn't always accomplish what you set out to do. Happy Birthday Tim & Dad!

~C

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Number 1: Happy Birthday to you and to your brother and your father! I'm sure you and Tim were an awesome b-day present when each of you were born...did he time it like that? You may need to ask him.
Number 2: Where's Friday's Devotional? Am I mistaken? Isn't that your day? Just curious...
Number 3: Thanks for sharing and how did Sunday's Youth Group go for you? Just curious...again.