Thursday, January 8, 2009

A letter to Bruno...

Dear Bruno,

You ruined my day. Actually you ruined several days of mine over the past several weeks. But don't think that this is any way a bad thing. Ministry is messy - and I've learned over the last nine years that messy, ruined ministry is some of the best. It's in those ruined plans and messy ministry where I find some of my most cherished encounters with youth and with our God.

So, thank you for your email. Thank you for completely 'ruining' what I had planned to work on while in the office, thank you for being you and most importantly thank you for still being alive. I don't know what we (your family, friends, and even myself) would do if you left us too early.

Thank you for letting God work through all of this 'stuff' in your life. Although you probably don't know where He is taking you in all of this - I'm glad that you're beginning to understand that it's part of a plan, part of His great plan for you.

I'm glad that you're okay, that you're in a safer 'place' now and that you're on a journey. Sure, a journey with many steps ahead - but if it ever seems too big, just look back on how far you've already come - nothing can stop you when you walk with Him. I'm thankful that you've allowed me to come along-side of you on this journey - I may not have all the answers for you, but I'm glad that we can do this together.

Lastly for now, Bruno - know that you are LOVED - by your God, your family & friends, and this youth worker who's few days you have ruined - Thank you and I'll see you the next time we chat!

Your Bro In HIM,
~C

No comments: