Thursday, September 16, 2010

7 practicle things we can do to grow in our faith!

1. Read your Bible - not to figure out what to do with your life, but read to know God. Ps 119:105 Someone who follows Christ on a daily basis is likely in God's word on a daily basis.

2. Baptism - check out Mt 28:18-20. The first thing after salvation! (I know that goes against my Presbyterian upbringing - but no denomination gets it all right!)

3. Regular Church Attendance - Heb 10:25 - when a limb is detached from it's body it will eventually die

4. Confession & Repentance - Ez 14:1-5 - what's in your life between you and Jesus? Confess = admitting what you have done, Repent = to turn from the lifestyle and go the other way!

5. Giving - God or Money? you cannot pull for both teams, Mt 6:21, 24

6. Sharing Christ - Philemon 1:6. If you're following Christ you will naturally desire to share Him with those around you!

7. Serving - attendance does not = active involvement. How can we look at a God who sent His Son to die for us and say "I can't give you an hour per month." I Peter 4:10

Thanks Pastor Perry for sharing these thoughts - they were so good I had to pass them on!

~C

3 comments:

pitcher12k said...

Could you explain the baptism one a bit more? I'm not exactly sure what kind of significance it plays...I mean yeah, Jesus said go and do it, but I guess I don't understand the purpose behind it as much as I do the rest of these.

Chris said...

Jesus commands (not asks) us to be baptized after salvation (by immersion) - it's the first thing we are to do as an outward symbol of the decision we've made and the life-change living in Christ (through the H.S.) that is now part of us.

Make sense??
Those are my thoughts!

pitcher12k said...

Yes that does make sense, and it is something I didn't really consider, my fault :/
But it is a one time thing, right? Not something you practice daily?