Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Who should Blog...

This past weekend I spent a few hours with some friends in celebration of someones birthday. I had the privilege of sitting next to Max Porter. If you don't know Max, well, you're missing out! Max and I had a conversation (initiated by him) about my blog. After a while I said "you know Max, I think you should have a blog, I think people would really enjoy reading what you have to say!"

So, I've been thinking about a few people in addition to Max that I think (if they could find or make the time) should probably have a blog - I think they would have something interesting, or at least worth a momentary pause in my normal routine to check out their thoughts.

The first obviously is Max - if you know Max and have his email or Facebook - I would encourage you to send him a message this week and tel him why you'd like to see him on a blog. Max has such a wild sense of creativity and a great way of looking at things that I feel the world is missing out on some of this...what better way to share than through a blog. Maybe a few of you could suggest a name for his blog too.

The next one that came to mind was Joani Szudlo. As I ponder this thought I wonder how she would have time and if it would be as funny to the rest of the world as I thought it might be?? I've solved the time problem - she can write it from work - it will take less time than she used to have to spend on the phone helping out this Youth Worker with ministry stuff. As for the funny part - yea, if you don't find humor in a lot of what Joani says - you need your head checked...seriously!

Dave Hilligoss has some thoughts that might intrigue as well. But it would have to be the Dave 'beneath the surface' - like the Dave that sits playing a game (Apples-2-Apples) with some family/friends....there ya go Dave an Apples blog by Dave!

I think it might be important for Dustin Hastings (aka Dustin-tables, Glitford, etc...) to have a blog so those of us not on the range, driving a tractor, etc can know what's going on out there!

Since he's so far away from us - and he's absolutely hilarious I think Big Papa (aka Josh Ellen) would be an excellent candidate for a blog author...what do you say Big Papa?

It would have to be a video-blog (vlog) but if she could pull it off some great wisdom and humor could come regularly from none other than Di Crouch! Someone hook her up with a FlipCam.

And as a tag team I think Nick & Sam (Wensel, Pierce) should co-author a blog...not only can they bring humor to the table - but they've got some amazing thoughts on the church and they're gonna change the world for Him.

Last but not least - maybe you - the one reading this could blog....what do you have to offer the rest of us? Yea, you're right maybe nothing - but you'll never know until you try. Give it a shot - it's free, it can be relaxing and you might learn something.

Until next time - get to blogging!
~C

2 comments:

Steph4Praise said...

Yes...Max should put all of his thoughts on so we can remember all of the strange things he's said.

Max said...

No bonus points offered, but I figured if im mentioned, I should get a comment in.