Wednesday, September 15, 2010

New Pen!

Also mentioned while out with Max (& others) was my pen.

If you know me well, you know I've always (99.9% of the time) got a pen in my pocket.

If you now me really well you know that for the past several (lost count) years I've only carried a Zebra F-301 pen (black).

Well it came time a few weeks ago for the Zebra to be taken out back and shot. So, Max says for someone like me who carries the same pen all the time that it's 'blog-worthy' and important for me to inform the world that I've changed pens.

I am no longer happy with the service (or lack there of through drying up pens) that Zebra provides - so I've been 'test driving' a Pilot G-2. It has the ever important clicker (cuz I can't have a pen without a clicker - gives me something to do - usually annoys those around me?!?) and it's got the grip to comfort your fingers while in use. and it's got to bonus points not found on my old Zebra pen. 1. it has a .38 point (vs. the .7 on the Zebra) & 2. It works ALL the time.

The final test will be if I am able to buy it in bulk at SAMS Club. And even better would be if they also made a pencil - I hate pencils - but you've got to always have at least one around. So, if anyone from the Pilot company is reading and you'd like to send me some of your really great pens for free - that would be amazing - and I'd continue to talk about them on my blog. :-)

~C

2 comments:

JS said...

Pens! Now there is a subject near and dear to my heart. I have the most amazing collection of pens and pencils. Every color, style, size, ink color, brand - you name it. I love them all! BUT, I always go back to my favorite one or two. One of which is still the Zebra. They are by far the best pen and pencil. Reliable, professional looking, easy to hold on to....and always work. So, even if mine "died", got snatched up by one of my children or forever lost in the bottom of my purse, I would go out and buy another pen, probably be tricked into trying another kind, not like it, and then go buy another Zebra. Chris, you too will return to the Zebra one day. I'm sure. BTW If this new pen you found is so great, why would you need to buy so many in bulk at Sams??? It should just last forever! :) P.S. A blog?? Seriously!

Jeff said...

All I can say is that I'm shocked! I never would've thought Chris would be giving up on the sleek Zebra pen. You and I tried the 'newer' model above the 301, but if failed, there's a reason it's still available and still used...it simply works. I guess I can't relate to the whole dried out part you mentioned in you blog because it usually was an indicator I needed another-or it was time to purchase a refill, which I rarely did...wasteful I know, but when you can buy them in bulk at Sam's...who needs to?
Anyway, I am saddened by the news and if you ever come around...I'll have a fresh pack with your name on it.