Saturday, June 13, 2009

Day 1, Complete

Our first day and evening is now behind us, and I have to say I'm thankful. The first day is always the hardest (bus ride, checking in, unpacking and getting settled and the newness of the week). Now I'm sure that all the minor challenges of day one are behind us so it's time to look to tomorrow.

But first a tiny bit of reflection!
I had a bit of an epiphany moment with one of the youth tonight. It wasn't even purposeful, it just happened as we chatted before they went to bed. Having known this youth for several years I think a small barrier came down - it made my night! :-)

Tony - our bus driver is amazing! His sense of humor and his compassion for the work our group is doing blows me away. I think we already want to request him as one of our drivers for next year.

Campfire - tonight we opened with our Go and See 'mini-theme' at fire. It seemed like the typical first campfire where everyone is too tired to care about anything (which is why we try to make it a short one.) However it seems already some "God moments" for a few of the teens. God's obviously calling to them for things going on in their lives.


Okay, that's the reflection - tomorrow is our first work day and I need sleep. Check back tomorrow (Sat) for more updates!

Thanks for your prayers,
~C

1 comment:

Luan said...

Thanks for getting them their safe and thanks for the way you share connections without sharing names. I'm praying that Christ will sanctify and lift up this group and bless them (as little Timmy would say)every single one.