Monday, June 15, 2009

Fudge (116)

Today started off a bit rocky - first with me hitting my head on my bunk.

After that things really went up hill. Jeff and I had some "behind the scenes" admin stuff to work on - two pretty long meetings with some Y-camp staff. We had some challenges come up in the last few days (shhh, the youth don't know about all the garbage) - so we ended up sitting down to work things out. Jeff and I also have a meeting Wednesday morning with some representatives from 3 local churches a few local ministries and the volunteer coordinator from the Y-camp.

You would be amazed to see the 'bigger picture' of what God is doing with the work going on in Estes. There are now about six youth groups that are looking at the possibility of annual mission trips up to Estes. Imagine the impact of our kids coming back each summer to work with the ministries they've already built relationships, and on top of that the connections they can make with their peers in other youth groups. Needless to say - Jeff and I are excited about this opportunity.

Ummm, okay - so before I sign off I figured I should justify my title for this post. We were finishing up work at our second work site of the day and Tony, our bus driver asked me to drive him into town quick while the kids were cleaning up. We ended up at Laura's - a 'famous' homemade candy shoppe here in town. Tony wanted to buy fudge for all of the youth. So, we got back to the bus and the youth had a little sugar surprise from a great bus driver. so there you have it Fudge!

See ya later,
~C

1 comment:

Luan said...

Make sure you get a picture of Tony the bus driver and give him our thanks!